It’s probably no surprise to hear that video is where it’s at when it comes to marketing in 2022. However, did you know that it’s all about short videos now? Preferably under 60 seconds to cater to the fact that our attention spans are getting shorter. If you want to use video to help maximise your traffic and sales then it’s vital to ensure that you’re working with the right type of content and using it in the most effective way for your brand.
Short videos are key content
You don’t have to look far to find proof that we are all more likely to engage with video than with any other content today. No matter what your industry, or what your business does, integrating more video into your marketing strategy can be incredibly beneficial. And when it comes to maximising your traffic and sales, there are few other tools that are more effective than short videos. Short videos are usually under a minute and are designed to be engaging, emotional and fast-paced. They can be distributed across a range of different platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat and they are very simple to make.
How can your brand maximise sales and traffic this way?
- Work with influencers to do the content creation for you. If you’re keen to add a human element to your video content this can be a great way to do it. Make sure that you have guidelines if you’re going to work with influencers, including clear goals and methods for tracking ROI. Focus on asking influencers to make educational content that integrates your brand identity, as well as the influencer’s.
- Use short videos in your ads. Ads that are interesting and relevant always do well with an audience and video content is very attention grabbing. There are many different ways to use video in ads, including skippable ads, interactive ads and in-stream ads. Make sure you choose the right option for your business and take advantage of all the tools that will enhance engagement, such as captions and fast cuts.
- Request user generated content. This is an incredibly powerful way to use short videos – ask your customers to create this for you. 94% of customers trust word of mouth referrals and 92% are more likely to trust a business with a customer review so this can be a very effective opportunity to demonstrate the credibility you need to drive sales.
- Add short videos to your website to help users. That could be a short product information video, a testimonial or review or even insights into the business and its people. These videos can make information about your business instantly accessible and reduce the need for users to browse before buying, making sales more likely.
- Share across all platforms. If you’ve created great video content for your website then share it everywhere, from email marketing to social media platforms.
Investing in short video content is the way forward for every business today, especially if your focus is on maximising traffic and sales. To find out how Iconic Digital can help you with your video content across social media, get in touch today, call us on 020 7100 0726. Find out more about our Social Media Marketing Agency in London.