Global ecommerce revenues are on the up and consumers continue to choose this as their primary way to shop. During the pandemic, digital marketplaces became vital for consumers and, even as brick and mortar stores have come back into play, this has not shown signs of waning. So, given that online is a thriving marketplace forecast to grow significantly, how do you achieve ecommerce success? These are our tips.
- Target a niche audience. It’s very easy to waste a lot of resources trying to target a broad audience and getting nowhere. Far better is to focus on a smaller audience where you can really get to know your customers, what their needs, wants and pain points are so that your marketing can be tailored to reflect this.
- Make sure you’re mobile-ready. It’s forecast that, by 2025, mobile sales will account for almost half of ecommerce sales. Make sure you’ve got responsive web design in place and you’re optimising the buying process for mobile. A good place to start is to run Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test.
- Give customers a great experience. People will return to your site if they have had an effortless and enjoyable experience. So, ensure that the buying process is seamless and you’re using all your available resources, from helpful AI chatbots to personalised recommendations and communication.
- Focus on key distribution channels for your products. This is all about visibility – if you’ve got the right distribution channels in place then your products will be visible to the right people. It’s worth taking the time to research which channels are likely to be the best way to connect with your target audience. For example, if you’re currently reliant solely on your website you might also want to consider social media, affiliate marketing or a marketplace like Amazon.
- Ensure that your content stands out from the crowd. High quality content, backed by data-driven content marketing strategy is a solid foundation for eCommerce success today. Video content is especially powerful but you need a good mix of visual media and written content, such as blogs.
- Invest in ecommerce tools. That could be anything, from ecommerce marketing tools to competitor analysis tools and those that give you insights into analytics and performance.
- Stay on top of your email lists. If you’ve built up email lists then you have an incredible resource at your disposal – as long as these are properly managed. Segmenting your emails is vital, for example, so you’re sending the right messaging to the right people at the right time. Spend some time analysing the responses that you’re getting to your email marketing so that you can find insight to inform key strategic decisions going forward.
- Use social media marketing to create brand awareness. Pick your channel – two at most – and create a profile that feels authentic to your brand and focuses on delivering entertainment, information, learning and shows how your products can help.
If you’re keen to tap into the thirst that consumers have today for ecommerce then these tips are a great place to start. Iconic Digital is a full-service digital marketing agency in London helping brands achieve digital marketing success. To find out more about Iconic Digital’s award-winning digital marketing services get in contact today on 020 7100 0726.