This year alone the number of social media users is predicted to rise to 3.9 billion - reaching 4.4 billion by 2025. That makes social media platforms a huge global marketplace for brands who are keen to reach a new audience, build loyalty and get creative when it comes to how you market products and services. The key to winning at social media strategy is keeping it current and varied - these new trends will give you the tools to do just that.
- The TikTok bandwagon. Gone are the days when TikTok could be dismissed as ‘just for fun.’ Today, it’s a powerful marketing platform - it was the most downloaded app in 2021, ahead of YouTube and Instagram. It’s not only becoming one of the biggest apps in the world but one that also offers an extensive range of advertising tools and opportunities to experiment and grow the way you reach people. From behind the scenes content, to humorous videos, TikTok is a trend for every business to explore.
- Influencer marketing goes mainstream. Many more enterprises are likely to start working with influencers this year, whether they are users with traditionally large accounts (10k+) or micro influencers (1k - 10k). Key to this will be finding influencers that align with your brand and its messaging, as well as identifying the events and promotions that are going to feel like the right fit for both.
- Harness the power of social commerce. 2022 is the year we are finally going to see seamless integration when it comes to in-app purchasing, from shoppable tags in YouTube videos to the Shopify-TikTok partnership. This is going to make images - a range of them - even more important. For brands keen to embrace social commerce, analytics will be key to identifying gaps in customer experience, as well as giving yourself the opportunity to experiment with all the different formats.
- YouTube advertising. One of the traditional barriers to using YouTube has been the perception that it’s only for those who are able to produce professional standard video content. However, the platform has invested heavily in automation and building tools that allow users to quickly and easily create videos to use as in-stream ads. As a result, a lot of retailers who have started using YouTube in the past year have had enormous success in using it to drive sales, making it a prime opportunity to supercharge your social media strategy - and your results.
- Instagram video. Instagram might have started out as a photo sharing app but video is what users respond to most, according to the platform’s own research as well as the success of TikTok. As a result, Instagram is investing a lot in developing video formats, from longer Stories to better Reels and more opportunities to integrate ads. If you want to invigorate your social presence in 2022 this is a great place to start.
From YouTube advertising to getting started on TikTok, these are some of the most exciting trends to supercharge your social media strategy this year. To find out how Iconic Digital can help you with your social media strategy, get in touch today, call us on 020 7100 0726. Find out more about our Social Media Marketing Agency in London.